BeagleBoard.org › project › Replicape Plus
A Motion controller Cape for the BeagleBoneBlack.
Based on the replicape by Elias Bakken. This is a modified design the Plus Sizes the number of steppers, the mosfets power supplies and allows thermocouple connections.
The Cape allows interchangable or replacement parts for anything that may blow.
Now includes an onboard 4-port USB hub.
Share on G+
- 6 stepper motors (2.5A DRV8825) (X, Y, Z, Ext1, Ext2, Ext3)
- 5 high power MOSFETs (PWM controlled) for 3 extruders,1 HPB and 1 Room. (12..36V)
- 3 medium power MOSFETs (PWM controlled) for up to 3 fans/LED strips. (12V)
- 1 RGB full PWM low power LED output (12v)
- 3 analog input ports for thermistors. noise-filtered inputs and option for shielding
- 3 Thermocouple inputs for higher temperatures and finer temperature controll.
- 6 inputs for end stops (X, Y, Z).
- Programmable current limits on steppers motor drivers (SMD). No need to manually adjust a pot meter.
- Microstepping individually programmable for each SMD from 1 to 32.
- All steppers are controlled by the Programmable Realtime Unit (PRU) for hard real time operation.
- Seperate Power input for 12v, 12-36v steppers and 12-36v Mosfets with auxillary power in for extra drive!
- Comptabile with BeagleBone Black.
- Open source hardware and software.
- Software written in Python for maintainability and hackability.
- Now includes an onboard USB2.0 4-port Hub.
Projected created on: Tue Jun 25 2013 23:14:37 GMT-0000 (UTC)
stephen.edwards65 Last updated on: Thu Mar 27 2014 02:45:07 GMT-0000 (UTC)